🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Mon 11th May 2020 ⭐
Mental Health Awareness
8 Places Available
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Why Book With Us?All courses offered benefit from our unique Lowest Price Guarantee. Bookings are protected by the Xyz Customer Service Charter which provides security and peace of mind in the unlikely event that the training doesn't meet client expectations.
In order to receive a quote for this training course please start by completing our enquiry form below. A personalised quote and ways in which to book will then be supplied.
To avoid disappointment, we'll confirm that the course is going ahead as scheduled and that there is still space remaining for your required number of delegates before accepting your booking.
This course is designed for Healthcare professionals to understand the mental health spectrum, the impact and prevalence of mental health and dispels myths commonly associated with ill mental health in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
Specific Mental Health Awareness joining instructions will be supplied to you (if appropriate) once your booking is confirmed. If, once confirmation has been received, you are in anyway unsure of what prerequisites or items you need to bring or provide, then your dedicated training manager or the trainer conducting your course will be able to confirm this with you. Contact numbers and ways to get in touch will be provided.
- General overview of mental health problems (signs and symptoms - nature and causes) and how they affect people
- Understand current approaches to care and treatment in hospital - residential units and the community
- Mental Health diagnosis
- Types of mental illness i.e. depression - bipolar - psychosis & anxiety
- The importance of social inclusion
- Identify the verbal and nonverbal cues (challenging behaviour) that can suggest a mental health problem
- Practical steps to improve your own mental health
- Managing clients and employers expectation
- The law and mental health problems
- Have an understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983
- What help is available in your community
- Understanding of mental health and the stigma that surrounds it
- Confidence to deal with clients or colleagues who may be experiencing mental health problems
- Increase in participants awareness of their own attitudes to mental health and illness
- Improved customer service particularly to those currently experiencing some form of mental health issue
- Understanding of pathways to mental health support in the local community
- Signal to staff that their employer is serious about their mental health..
Specific venue information; which includes the full address, directions to the venue, public transport links, parking, refreshments, nearby hotels and whether or not food is provided will be supplied to confirmed bookings prior to the start of the course. Mental Health Awareness training is also available at training centres UK wide and on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Our Mental Health Awareness courses are accredited by the most recognised certificating body and supported by certification produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest & most respected Industrial training companies..
This course will be delivered by a variety of teaching methods including: presentations; small group discussion; whole group discussion; practical exercise. The participants will be encouraged to make use of examples from their work and this will be done in keeping with strict confidentiality and anonymity of service users.