Mental Health AwarenessCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Mental Health Awareness Training?
This course is designed for Healthcare professionals to understand the mental health spectrum, the impact and prevalence of mental health and dispels myths commonly associated with ill mental health in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
- General overview of mental health problems (signs and symptoms - nature and causes) and how they affect people
- Understand current approaches to care and treatment in hospital - residential units and the community
- Mental Health diagnosis
- Types of mental illness i.e. depression - bipolar - psychosis & anxiety
- The importance of social inclusion
- Identify the verbal and nonverbal cues (challenging behaviour) that can suggest a mental health problem
- Practical steps to improve your own mental health
- Managing clients and employers expectation
- The law and mental health problems
- Have an understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983
- What help is available in your community
- Understanding of mental health and the stigma that surrounds it
- Confidence to deal with clients or colleagues who may be experiencing mental health problems
- Increase in participants awareness of their own attitudes to mental health and illness
- Improved customer service particularly to those currently experiencing some form of mental health issue
- Understanding of pathways to mental health support in the local community
- Signal to staff that their employer is serious about their mental health.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Mental Health Awareness course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Industrial training organisations.
Open Courses & Public Events
Our Mental Health Awareness training public event calendar has more than open course training dates taking place across the UK. Search and book securely online and receive an immediate confirmation together with full joining instructions, your VAT invoice and a receipt of payment. You are also able to make an enquiry and receive our formal quotation. Lowest price guaranteed.
This course will be delivered by a variety of teaching methods including: presentations; small group discussion; whole group discussion; practical exercise. The participants will be encouraged to make use of examples from their work and this will be done in keeping with strict confidentiality and anonymity of service users.
In addition to a comprehensive Mental Health Awareness open course schedule, training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, start by completing the form below and we'll send you the full course information and a quotation based on your requirements.
Make A Mental Health Awareness General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Mental Health Awareness courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.