Basic Electrical MaintenanceCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Basic Electrical Maintenance Training?
This course aims to provide basic working knowledge and some practical experience of electrical installation in single phase.
Who Should Attend
Delegates who wish to gain electrical skills.
- Safety Procedures
- The requirements for isolation
- Removal of fuses
- Awareness of locking off and permits to work
- Using test lamps
- Hand wound and transistorised generators (Meggers)
- Clamp on ammeter Single Phase
- Working to simple electrical drawings
- Identifying and selecting cables and wires
- Practice in terminating and connecting cables
- Lighting circuits
- Ring circuit and spur
- Instruct in the testing of the ring circuit to BS7671
- Testing motors
- Resistance of phases
- Insulation between phases
- Insulation to earth
- Wiring and connecting starter and motors
- Wire simple starter
- Wire direct on starter and motor
- Wire star delta starter and motor
- Check starter and running currents
- Develop circuit diagram and wire 3 starters and motors to run in sequence
- Wire crane control panel
- 3 motors and check using test instruments
- Wire motors highlighting starting currents and running currents
- Follow simple schematic drawings
- Wiring motor and control gear.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
EMTA Awards Limited (EAL) is a leading UK awarding body for National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and their Scottish equivalents (SVQs) in the Engineering and Technology sector. On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EAL unit of competence.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Basic Electrical Maintenance General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Basic Electrical Maintenance courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.