Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03COURSE CALENDAR
What Is Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 Training?
Small bore tubing or SBT systems are seen throughout the oil and gas, petro chemical and power generation industries used for hydro carbons, chemicals, liquids and gases. To understand how vital these connections are to process operations consider the average oil platform may contain 5000 flanged pipe connections, the same platform may contain up to 50,000 SBT connections. Needless to say if these connections were to fail this could lead to serious health and safety and/or environmental incidents so only trained and competent personnel should undertake the assembly, disassembly and reassembly of SBT runs or components for installation and/or maintenance. Only by having the correct training can you safely and confidently choose the correct tubing sizes, materials, fittings and components then shape and fit them to ensure leak free connections.
Who Should Attend
Any person who requires the need to be trained in Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 through the course of their normal working duties. This course is suitable for anyone working in the Chemical and Fuel arena or Industrial sector, pre-requisites may be required.
- SBT Systems overview
- Health and safety
- Use of engineering drawings
- Environmental and or corrosion issues
- Tube and component identification
- Tube and component selection
- Tube and component storage and handling
- Tube and component installation and maintenance
- Tube and component assembly; disassembly; reassembly
- Common do's and don'ts
- Differences between taper and parallel threads and how to identify both
- Thread lubricants; sealants and tapes and how to use both correctly
- Tube cutting
- Tube de-burring
- Tube bending Practical exercises include: How to correctly identify fittings/components from different manufacturers including sizing; material etc
- Twin ferrule mechanical grip fitting assembly; disassembly and reassembly
- Rolled offset calculating; marking up; cutting; de-burring and bending tube
- Tube gain calculating; marking up; cutting; de-burring and bending tube
- Installing a SBT run and associated components into existing SBT system and subjecting to quality control procedures.
Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 training is available at training centres UK wide, using a virtual classroom with a live tutor or on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Parking, public transport links and refreshments vary from centre to centre and these will be confirmed to you prior to your enrolment on any course.
The Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Small Bore Tubing SBT 01 02 03 courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.