Basic PLC Fault finding Principles
This courseourse compares the normal behaviour of the major functional components of a PLC system with field operation to highlight key checkpoints & actions to be taken. Delegates will learn about basic diagnostic tools & techniques & will be encouraged to develop standard procedures to aid more efficient & effective troubleshooting.
Who Should Attend
Any person who requires the need to be trained in Basic PLC Fault finding Principles through the course of their normal working duties. This course is suitable for anyone working in the Electrical arena or Industrial sector, pre-requisites may be required.
- Understand basic safety considerations when working with PLCs (personal & machine)
- Confirm power to PLC system (CPU/CPU rack; I/O rack(s); I/O modules)
- Recognise main system LEDs (RUN/STOP; FAULT)
- Identify battery condition (interpretation of the battery LED if an indicator exists)
- Identify any key/switch to change PLC mode (RUN/STOP)
- Understand the range of memory options including EPROM/EEPROM & implications for machine starts & operation with/without a battery
- Understand the purpose & operation of any system resets or restarts (including RUN/PGM/RUN & power cycle)
- Relate the operation of field devices to I/O LEDs
- Read & interpret simple electrical drawings & PLC program printouts & cross references
- Understand how to distinguish between PLC system & I/O faults.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Basic PLC Fault finding Principles course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Industrial training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Basic PLC Fault finding Principles General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Basic PLC Fault finding Principles courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page.